Sector: Cookery Workshops & Parties for all ages and abilities. This is a fun, flexible and rewarding business opportunity that is baked to perfection!
AlphaBake Cookery are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to bring our cooking school concept into local neighbourhoods across the UK.
AlphaBake Cookery is offering a flexible and fun business opportunity that you can grow and develop at your own pace. As an AlphaBake Cookery franchisee, you can enjoy being your own boss but benefit from working with a tried and tested set up. This means you can structure classes, workshops and parties that inspire people and make cooking fun.
In 2003, mum of three, Carole Rose founded Cookies Cooking School, now AlphaBake Cookery. It was (and is) a runaway success. Now, fourteen years later with demand growing for the award-winning classes and workshops, AlphaBake Cookery are looking for candidates to bring their business concept nationwide and make cooking as ‘Simple as ABC’ for all ages and abilities.
At AlphaBake Cookery, we think it’s sad that TV dinners are more common than chatty family meals. And we think it’s a shame that children aren’t learning home taught kitchen skills in the way that older generations did. It’s shocking that some young adults get to university without the basic skills or knowledge needed to cook themselves a healthy meal. That’s why we’re on a mission to make cooking cool again! Our fun, foody workshops and parties help everyone, no matter what their age or ability is, to get hands-on in the kitchen.
Our package provides a progressive structure so you can start with a basic offering and then grow to incorporate all elements within the business, including:
- Workshops covering 4 ‘Stages’ of class
- Cake Decorating Classes
- Birthday Parties
- Holiday Workshops
- Weekend Workshops
- After school workshops
- School & preschool workshops
- Adult workshops
- Charity workshops
- Nutrition workshops
- Weaning workshops
- Workshops for vulnerable adults
- One off events
- Seasonal workshops
As an AlphaBake franchisee you would:
- Manage your own AlphaBake Cookery in your exclusive territory.
- Source all venues for workshops within your territory.
- Plan, market, administer and deliver workshops and parties within this territory.
- Recruit, train and manage any staff for your business.
- Collaborate with schools and other local businesses within your community
- Have the flexibility to grow the business at your pace and to suit you other commitments
- Provide a fabulous service to the parents and children within your community, giving people skills for life.
For an initial investment of £7950, our comprehensive franchise package:
- Is affordable and flexible, meaning you can fit your work around family or other commitments and grow it at your pace.
- Is built around a tried, tested and profitable business model
- Offers a complete start-up kit of mobile kitchen equipment including a portable oven
- Offers the support and guidance of an experienced and motivated management team
- Includes initial training to get you started out, and then as you want to progress provides additional training so that you can add other services to your business
- Includes training on managing your own business including accounting, bookkeeping and recruitment advice
- Includes a comprehensive operations manual and a library of recipes for use in your business
- Includes your own exclusive territory
- Provides Marketing and PR assistance and materials
- Includes Initial Social Media set up
- Includes your own web page on the website where your classes/workshops and events will be listed
- Includes your business email address
- Will offer the support of the franchise network as it grows
This is a truly flexible business where you choose how many hours and where you would like to work. Typically, you may start with a couple of classes a week and grow to include weekend and holiday workshops, parties and other offerings.
There is also the option to manage a team of tutors, once your business is established, so that you can have multiple workshops in multiple locations across your territory.
Workshops are held in schools, village halls, community centres but admin work will be completed at home. There are Franchises available across the UK.
For details on returns please contact Carole Rose at AlphaBake Cookery, who can discuss the returns expected dependant on how many workshops you may wish to offer.
Best suited to:
The AlphaBake Cookery business is about inspiring children to love being in the kitchen, to try new things and gain useful life skills that will help them grow into capable young adults. It’s also about helping adults to discover how easy it is to create quick, healthy, tasty food that becomes a household favourite for years to come.
To be an AlphaBake franchisee, you’ll need to be motivated by making a difference. Working with children requires patience and enthusiasm, so you’ll need to have a generous measure of both.
You will need to have a full UK driving license and a vehicle, and prior to starting the business you’ll need to be DBS certified and hold a Level 2 Hygiene certificate as well as a First Aid, all of which we will provide guidance for.
It isn’t necessary for you to be a chef or have previous catering experience. Our cookery school is based around good, wholesome family cooking so if you’re a dab-hand in the kitchen at home and can already whip up tasty bakes and meals, that’s a great start.
Similarly, you don’t need to have run a business before. As part of our comprehensive franchise package, our experienced management team will give you all the support and guidance you need to run a successful cookery school. You just need to bring the kind of bubbly personality that will engage people of all ages.
- Type: Franchise
- Working hours: Flexible
- Home or office: Workshops are held in schools, village halls, community centres. Admin work can be completed at home
- Area: Nationwide